The County Clerk has one of the most diverse jobs of all county elected officials. In fact, constitutional and statutory laws have given this one elective county officer five distinct titles: Clerk of the District Court, Auditor, Recorder, Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners, and Chief Elections Officer of the County (County Resource Manual, Idaho Association of Counties). The County Clerk also oversees the County Assistance and Veteran Services office. In Madison County, there are over 14 deputy clerks who work in the various departments under the Clerk as well as in the Board of County Commissioners Office. In the role of Auditor, the Clerk's office is responsible to prepare the annual county budget for the Board of County Commissioners.
The Network of Care is a resource for individuals, families and agencies concerned with community health. It provides information about community health services, laws, and related news, as well as communication tools and other features.
Marriage Licenses - What You Need To Bring
You Will Need the Following
- Current Drivers License/Photo I.D.
- Social Security Number
- Fee: $28.00
Check, Cash or Credit Card (Additional Fee for Card Transaction)
- Written verification from the social security administration that the applicant has not been assigned a social security number
- Birth certificate or passport
- Proof that the applicant is lawfully present in the United States
Following the Ceremony
- The bottom portion of the marriage license must be returned to our office within 30 days
- The bride will then need to pick up a certified copy of the marriage license from our office to change her name - certified copy fee is $2.00
All applicants must be present when applying
Applications for a U.S. Passport are accepted in the Madison County Clerks office, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
You will need to bring the following:
- Completed unsigned Application for a U.S. Passport (DS-11)
- State Certified Birth Certificate (hospital birth certificates are NOT accaptable) or Expired Passport (for adults only)
- Photo ID. (Drivers License, etc.) List of Primary ID. List of Secondary ID.
- 2 inch x 2 inch Passport Photo Photos are available at Walgreens or Walmart
- Check or Money Order for Passport Application Fee
- Separate Check / Cash / Credit Card for Acceptance Fee
- Ages 0-15 Both parents and the minor must be present
- Ages 16-17 One parent and the minor must be present